First, the ignition coil principle
It consists of main coil, secondary coil, magnetic core, switch triode and other auxiliary components. The main coil is charged by the battery, the secondary coil discharge spark plug is ignited, and the triode is responsible for switching. The charging time is controlled by the battery voltage and the engine speed to ensure that the charging energy is consistent. The ignition coil has three lines and four lines. The three lines are the positive, negative and switch control (ECU command), and the four lines have one ignition detection. Line, able to detect if the spark plug is ignited (whether there is a discharge current in the secondary coil).
To put it simply, the ignition coil is the transformer, which is to increase the voltage of several tens of volts to tens of thousands of volts, but the voltage input to the primary coil is provided by the electronic igniter.
Second, the cause of ignition coil burnout
The cause of the ignition coil burnout is mainly the breakdown of the insulation layer or the damage of the switch transistor. The spark plug gap leads to large load of the main coil, large heat generation, fast aging of the insulation layer, small gap of the spark plug, large discharge current of the secondary coil, large heat generation, and aging of the insulation layer. Fast, the assembled ignition coil may have poor durability of the insulating material, large internal resistance of the coil, and low life of the tertiary tube.
If it is always burnt out, it will burn out soon after the replacement. What is the reason? Here are some of the following:
1. First look at the problem of the generator. If the power generation is too high, the ignition coil is too heavy to burn, but if the power generation is too high, then the body appliances, such as the bulb, will often be damaged; It is not necessary to exclude the quality of the parts, so it is best to first measure the amount of electricity generated.
3. The spark plug gap is too large, adjust the gap or replace the spark plug;
4, the quality of gasoline is not good, try to change the high-grade gasoline;
5, the cylinder compression ratio is wrong, adjust the compression ratio;
6. If the computer board has a program failure, you can go to the repair shop to check the car with the computer and clear the error message. If it doesn't work, it may be a problem with your car's clutch.
7, the power supply voltage is unstable;
8, the resistance of the high voltage line is not normal, replace the high voltage line;
9. The secondary has a short circuit phenomenon;
10. The primary current of the ignition controller is too high, causing the ignition coil to overheat;
11, subject to high temperatures, high-voltage waves have problems working poorly;
12, a small chance is the problem of the coil itself, you can try another brand;
13. The firearm integrated block works poorly;
The ignition coil itself is a transformer, which is like a transformer in a household appliance. When the voltage changes within a specified range, the transformer will not be burnt. Usually, the transformer is generated when the transformer is overloaded, so this is the case. When solving this problem, we should try to find out the cause of excessive load or component aging.